Tuesday 22 March 2016

Burger Adventures @ 8Bit

231 Swanston St, Melbourne VIC
9650 5455
11:00am - 11:00pm Everyday

Having just recently opened their second store in the CBD, 8bit is once again proving their popularity with their delicious food and drinks. 

I remember coming down 8bit when they first opened up in footscray, and I remember the lines being straight out the door with at least a 30-40 minute wait each time. It wasn't only until months after that the hype died down and I was finally able to dine there without waiting for half of my life.

The CBD store is constantly filled with eager and hungry patrons in need of a delicious burger.


With every visit, it's literally impossible to find a vacant seat as there are waves and waves of hungry patrons.


Service was fine, with the store being quite busy I could tell the workers were quite stressed.


Double Dragon ($14)
double beef, double cheese, double bacon, pickles, mustard lettuce, ketchup, 8bit sauce

The first time I had a double dragon in the Footscray store, I remember it was a beautiful experience. Piping hot, fresh and full of flavour. But sadly, the CBD store doesn't live up to the quality of their original store. 
Th
The burger was full of grease and just did not taste that great. The beef was a bit dry and was quite disappointed, also noting that the amount of grease left me feeling quite sick after I finished.

Don't take me wrong, a greasy burger is a good burger. But in this case, there was just too much.

(5.5/10)

Loaded Fries ($10)
Fries, chilli beef, cheese sauce, bacon, pickle relish, grilled onion, jalapenos

Crispy, fresh and full of flavours from the other ingredients, the loaded fries were delicious. I just wanted more and more after each bite and eventually I realized that it was all gone.

Definitely + points for the chips that came straight out of the fryer.

(8/10)

Food - 6.7 / 10
Ambiance - 5 / 10
Service - 6 / 10
Total FoOodie Points - 17.7 / 30


No comments:

Post a Comment