Monday 6 June 2016

Cafe Adventures @ Eden's Backyard

161/163 Nicholson St, Carlton VIC 
9663 8887
Monday: Closed
Tue - Fri: 7:30am - 4:00pm
Sat - Sun: 8:30am - 4:00pm

I've been meaning to try Eden's Backyard for quite some time now. From their adorable coffee art and delicious looking food on my Zomato feed, I was excited. 



My friend 'D' and I came in around 2pm and there was plenty of space inside. with a cute garden theme at the back, the interior of the cafe was chic and laid-back.


I was planning to order the 'Bob The Burger' after much deciding on the tram to the cafe, but my hopes and dreams were ruined when we were informed that they had ran out of ingredients. Devastated and hungry, I decided to order my 2nd option which was the Lasagna.



Green Tea Latte ($4.5)

To be honest, one of the main reasons I wanted to come here was so I could see this adorable whale art in person. The green tea latte as a drink was average at best, the matcha taste wasn't distinct and lacked overall flavour

(5.5/10)

Brekkie Chicken Lasagna ($18)
Chicken ragu, light bechamel sauce, sauteed spinach, ricotta, mozzarella, fried egg

The lasagna was delicious!, served piping hot, you can taste the ricotta and mozzarella cheese really well on each bite of the lasagna. The fried egg enhanced the flavours of the cheeses and delicious chicken ragu. Though I felt that the presentation of the dish can be improved as it looked quite boring. Perhaps a salad or some sort of side would work better.

(8.5/10)

Shephard's Lover
Mild chicken curry w/ cheesy potato mash

The Shephard's Lover was a potato lovers heaven. The cheesy and smooth potato mash was delightful, and the chicken curry at the bottom worked well with the potato mash when combined. Whilst the potato mash was good, the flavour was quite overpowering, as there was much more mash than curry..

(7/10)
Food - 7/ 10
Ambiance - 7 / 10
Service - 7 / 10
Total FoOodie Points - 21/ 30

Eden's Backyard Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato 

No comments:

Post a Comment