Tuesday 4 October 2016

Burger Adventures @ Royal Stacks

 470 Collins St, Melbourne Vic
9620 0296
11:30am - 10:00pm Mon - Sat
Closed - Sunday

The US-Inspired / homage to the popular US burger chain 'Shake Shack'  is what Royal Stacks has introduced themselves as into the Melbourne burger scene. I've seen plenty of videos and photos from American youtubers and in terms of how the burgers look, Royal Stack definitely has the American burger 'look'.

 Bacon Bacon ($13.9)
2 Australian pasture fed beef patty, double bacon, american cheddar, caramelised onion, american mustard, tomato sauce, pickles

Loads of grease, a heck load of melted cheddar and glorious bacon. This is precisely how I want  my burgers. Unfortunately I can only base my opinion off a one and only bite of my mates burger, and honestly It wasn't amazing, the flavours were there but it didn't 'wow' me. It was exactly what you would expect from the ingredients in the burger. 

(6/10)

 The King ($13.8)
All Australian pasture fed beef patty, tomato, butter lettuce, hand made mac'n'cheese croquette, american mustard, special burger sauce

The mac'n'cheese trend has been popping up all over Melbourne burger joints and I absolutely love it. I've tried a few mac'n'cheese burgers from numerous burger joints and I can gladly say that Royal Stack is one of my favourites. The tiny macaroni size combined with what I'm assuming is a mixture of cheeses really boosts the overall flavour. 

The burger itself is quite heavy because there's so much flavour and ingredients going on. So a fair warning, this burger is not for the faint-hearted :) 

(7.5/10)

Cheese Fries / Gems ($5 / $7.2)

To be honest, the cheese fries and gems is way too heavy for me. I'm pretty sure the cheese was melted american cheddar and it was too heavy and made me feel sick after a few bites. Perhaps some other toppings to lighten the intense cheese flavour would be good but I won't be ordering this again.

(3/10)


 Banana Milkshake ($6.5)
 
Straight up, the banana milkshake was the amazing!, though obviously not healthy as it's filled with sugary and milky goodness. A plus is that the drink wasn't heavy at all which was great as it pairs well with the burger and fries.

(8/10)

Food - 6.3 / 10 
Ambiance - 8 / 10
Service - 7 / 10
Total FoOodie Points - 21.3 / 30

No comments:

Post a Comment