Tuesday 15 September 2015

Dessert Adventures @ Mocha Jo's

Venturing into the Melbournes East, Glen Waverly. I had stumbled onto Mocha Jo's, a friend took me there because they were craving sweets and i saw many great reviews about this place so i had decent expectations.
Mocha Jo's does both breakfast, lunch & dinner. But for this occasion, we wanted to satisfied our sweets cravings.

Mocha w/ extra espresso shot & Latte

It was around 10-11pm at night, and we thought coffee was a great idea. Safe to say i barely had any sleep :(. I don't remember the prices of the drinks but it was reasonably cheap. The mocha was delicious and paired well with the cake i had ordered. Whilst the Latte was quite average.
Mocha (3.5/5) Latte (2.5/5)

Caramelised Apple Cheesecake ($10.50)

Upon browsing the cake display, i had chosen the 'Caramelised Apple Cheesecake'. I was surprised it came with strawberries and i'm not entirely sure what the accompanying sauce was, but i will assume it was custard? (don't take my word for that). But it was definitely a great pairing, the cheesecake was sweet and wasn't too much for my tastebuds. 
(3.8/5)

1st Date, Sticky Date ($13.50)
Sticky date pudding, vanilla bean ice-cream & warm butterscotch sauce

My friend had gotten the 'Sticky Date' and my god it was marvelous. This was my first time trying a sticky date and it surpassed my expectations by a mile. The combination of the sticky date pudding, vanilla bean ice-cream and warm butterscotch sauce was delightful. Next time i come here i will definitely be ordering this.
(4.6/5)

Food - 7.5/10
Ambiance - 7.5/10
Service - 6/10
Total FoOodie Points- 21/30 

Mocha Jo's Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato 

No comments:

Post a Comment