Monday 29 February 2016

Cafe Adventures @ Shortstop Coffee & Donuts

12 Sutherland St, Melbourne VIC
Phone: N/A
7:30am - 4:30pm Weekdays
9:30am - 4:00pm Saturday
9:30am - 3:30pm Sunday

Mmm, delicious donuts & coffee, what more can you ask for?. Shortstop coffee & donuts specializes in a range of freshly baked donuts and hot coffees that draw in new and returning customers every day.


A shame that the store doesn't do cold drinks, as when I was craving an iced coffee when at the time, but nonetheless the hot coffees are still a delight.



The seating in Shortstop are quite cramped, especially since the store is usually filled with people wanting coffee and donuts so it's quite rare to see a vacant table / seat.


They also have their coffee beans on sale if you love their coffee.



I came here at the hour before the store closed so the donut selection was limited, but nonetheless there was a great selection for everyone. 


Cappuccino ($4)

A refreshing drink, perfect for the sleep-deprived such as myself. Nothing that really stood out but just tasted overall a lot better which is to be expected for a specialty coffee store.

(6/10)

 New Orleans Iced Coffee Donut ($4.50)

The New Orleans Iced Coffee Donut was definitely the best donut from what my friends and I ordered. Packing a huge punch of flavour upon the first you it had a perfect level of sweetness and was perfectly paired with the cappuccino 

(10/10)

 Earl Grey & Rose Donut ($4.50)

Didn't really meet up to my expectations, the donut wasn't as sweet as I thought it would be, but it's a great pairing with the cappuccino.

(5.5/10) 


To be honest I don't remember what this donut was, and I can't find the name of it on the menu or online. But if you do see it around when you visit shortstop, what I can say is that the donut was pretty average. Didn't stand out in terms of flavour.

(5/10)

Food - 7 / 10
Ambiance - 6 / 10
Service - 6 / 10
Total FoOodie Points - 19 / 30









1 comment:

  1. This place is stunning. The architecture of venues in Atlanta is beautiful and the decoration is spectacular. Environment was transparent and resonant and warm and immediate. I loved this place and my experience here was very exciting.

    ReplyDelete