Wednesday 13 April 2016

Cafe Adventures @ One Plus Piece

266 Whitehorse Rd, Balwyn VIC
9830 4459
8:00am - 5:00pm Everyday

A One-Piece cafe?! Did I hear that right?, when I first found out about this I immediately made plans to dine here as I am a pretty big fan of One Piece (even though i'm like 150 episodes behind) but nonetheless I was pretty excited.




A wall dedicated to One Piece manga?! it's so beautiful!


Those figurines too! so amazing!. Another cool thing is that the owner of the store actually has one piece tattoos.

\
The cups! I need one of these 


The drinks were on the specials board so I don't remember what they were besides the Iced Matcha Latte.

Iced Matcha Latte

To be honest it was pretty disappointing. The Matcha flavour was non-existent which resulted in the drink being bland and tasteless.

(3/10)

Sanji's Egg Benedict ($13.80)
12-hour braised pulled beef, poached eggs, house made hollandaise sauce

The Eggs Benedict was pretty average, the shredded apple added a nice flavour to the dish but didn't make up for the braised beef. The beef was quite dry and tasteless which, as the star of the dish, made the dish not as satisfying.

(5/10)

The Piece Force Burger

This burger is actually a secret burger on the menu. I found out after going through photos on Zomato and I immediately decided to tackle this beast. 

An awkward thing is that I thought the fried thing in the burger was fried chicken, but it turned out to be fried mushroom.

As expected, the burger was simply a mess to eat due to the size, the mushroom in my opinion didn't work that well with the beef as mushroom flavour overpowered everything else.

(6/10)

I also ordered chips to go with the burger but it never came out. After informing the waitress, she misunderstood me and thought I asked for just a drink and burger.

Whilst the food is not as great as the other cafes, If you're a big One Piece fan, then you have to try this place at least once :)


Food - 5.4 / 10
Ambiance - 8.5 / 10
Service - 5 / 10
Total FoOodie Points - 18.9 / 30

One Plus Piece Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato 



No comments:

Post a Comment