Wednesday 13 January 2016

Cafe Adventures @ Little Rouge

12 Drewery Ln, Melbourne VIC
Phone N/A
7:30am - 6:00pm Weekdays
9:00am - 6:00pm Weekends

If it wasn't for finding out about this place on Zomato, I never would've found out about Little Rouge. I had absolutely no idea that there would even be a cafe in Drewery lane because I thought it was an alleyway for bins and such for restaurants on Swanston.

Little Rouge is a hidden gem located in an hidden alleyway between Little Lonsdale & Lonsdale st, A difficult place to find, it serves some of the finest matcha green tea beverages in Melbourne.

Drewery Lane (Outside Little Rouge)

Interior

Menu Board

The one thing I really like about Little Rouge is the ambiance, from the moment you walk in, you feel like you're at home. From the unique photo collection on the walls, to the sleek shelves with books and a type writer which is actually used by workers, it's definitely a relaxing atmosphere.

Matcha Latte ($4.30)

The Matcha latte had an perfect about of bitterness and wasn't overly sweet which is what I was looking for. It's pretty hard to find a good matcha latte lately as many cafes seem to be doing it wrong.

(7.5/10)

Iced Chocolate ($6.50)

It was good, but not as good as I was hoping it to be. I felt that the iced chocolate wasn't sweet enough nor it had enough of a 'chocolate' taste. 

(6/10)

Iced Matcha ($6.90)

The Iced Matcha was possibly the best Iced Matcha I have ever had, to be fair I've only had a few but Little Rouge's iced matcha was mind-blowing. Smooth, creamy and rich it became one of my favourite drinks to this day.

(9/10)

Almond Croissant ($9)

All the cakes which I was hoping to get were sold out already so the only thing left was the Almond croissant and a few cookies. In the end I decided for the croissant and i didn't regret a single thing. It was so long that I had a croissant that I completely forgot how much I love them.

 Soft and fluffy on the inside, accompanied with a crispy crust with a generous amount of almonds made it a great match with my matcha green tea.

(8/10)

Food - 7.6/10
Ambiance - 9/10
Service - 8/10
Total FoOodie Points - 24.6/30



No comments:

Post a Comment