Tuesday 26 January 2016

Dessert Adventures @ Movenpick (2015)

2/210 Lonsdale Street, Melbourne VIC 
9654 4423
     11am - 10pm Sun - Thurs
11am - 11pm Fri - Sat

With so many stores around the CBD, everyone must know of the famous Swiss ice cream franchise Movenpick. I've had Movenpick plenty of times to try a bit of everything here and have only come to love a few dishes and flavours, but for this blog it'll just be the ice-cream.

Swiss Chocolate, Mint Chocolate & Maple Walnut Ice-cream ($9.95)

I can proudly say that my favourite ice-cream in Movenpick, and possibly in general, is the Swiss Chocolate. I'm not sure whether its the amazing chocolates bits in the ice-cream or how the flavour just gives a huge punch, but it's my all time favourite, highly recommend!.

(9/10)

The mint chocolate is also another great flavour, I've had other mint chocolates before and the one at Movenpick would rank mid-tier on the chart.

(7/10)

Maple Walnut was quite average and didn't impress me that much.

(5/10)

Espresso, Lemon & Lime & Strawberry Ice-cream ($9.95)

To be honest the other flavours didn't really stand out to me as much as the Swiss Chocolate did. Everything else felt pretty average with a few better and worse ones.

The espresso was normal, had a strong espresso taste, but a bit too strong for my liking.

(5.5/10)

Overall, I think that Movenpick does pretty disappointing fruit / sorbet flavours, the lemon & lime just tasted like lime and wasn't that great. I recommend sticking to the sweeter / non-fruity flavours. Same goes for the Strawberry Ice-cream.

(5/10)

Food - 6/10
Ambiance - 8/10
Service - 5/10
Total FoOodie Points - 19/30




No comments:

Post a Comment