Tuesday 5 January 2016

Chinese Adventures @ China Bar (Lonsdale St)

235 Russell St, Melbourne VIC
9639 1633
Mon - Fri : 11:00am - 5:00am
Sat - Sun  : 11:00am - 5:00am

Another China Bar Edition, the Lonsdale store had recently just reopened after the store had a fire which caused it to close for renovations.

I've always preferred the Lonsdale St store over the Swanston St store because I feel that after being to both locations a few times, the Lonsdale one is more cleaner and less cramped. As my last experience at the Swanston st store I saw rats running around on the second floor.

I wouldn't say the food here is great, and I wouldn't choose to dine here because there are many other places that do better. But if you're out after a long night at 3 in the morning, China bar is the place to go.

BBQ Pork Egg Noodles ($10.90)
Cha Siew, dry egg noodles & bok choy

A Chinese staple, the BBQ was quite dry which was slightly disappointing but the egg noodles were quite delicious.

(5/10)

 Stir Fried Flat Combination Noodle ($11.80)
Flat noodles, fish cakes, prawns, chicken, squid & bokchoy

I've always had a soft spot for these kind of noodle dishes, but it was disappointing when my first bite tasted like nothing. The flavour was almost non-existent, I wasn't sure if it was because there was poor seasoning or none at all, but I was very disappointed. The portion and toppings were generous but if it doesn't taste good then that's the end of it.

(3/10)

Mushroom & Vegetable Noodle Soup ($10.80)

An average dish, the variety of vegetables was pleasing and the egg noodles were nice.
(5/10)

Another thing I'll mention is that the service is appalling here, I feel that this is a chain for the China bar franchise as the Swanston St store is also on par.


Food - 4.3/10
Ambiance - 5/10
Service - 2/10
Total FoOodie Points - 10.8/30




No comments:

Post a Comment