Saturday 30 January 2016

Korean Adventures @ Uncle Jung's

 360 Elizabeth st, Melbourne VIC
9654 3428
Mon - Thu: 5pm - 11pm
Fri - Sat: 12pm - 11pm
Sun - 10am - 11pm

A new Korean takeaway establishment Uncle Jung's, which has just opened up recently, it serves up Korean fusion food such as burgers and tacos but with a Korean twist. 

After walking past this place a few times I decided to give it a try, from what I could tell, they also own the bar which is directly above this store and serves up alcohol and bar food just like any other bar would.




 Galbi Burger Combo ($10.50)

The Galbi Burger was pretty small, the size of my palm if I were to be precise. I hoped that the flavour would make up for the lack of size but it was pretty ordinary. Nothing really special about the Galbi burger.

(5/10)

The combo came with chips & drinks, the we were offered 3 different types of flavours with the chips that were (Ordinary, Chilli & Rosemary). The chilli flavour was chosen for this, and I absolutely loved the chips. Crispy, golden and the chilli salt added a great flavour to it.

(7.5/10)

2-Fried Chicken Combo (Fries + Drink) ($10)

The fried chicken was crispy and succulent, though I was disappointed because the pieces I received were pretty much mostly bones and lacked actual meat itself. But I would definitely come back as the chicken was pretty good

(7.5/10)

The Rosemary chips were pretty disappointing in portion, I wasn't able to tell between the ordinary flavour and Rosemary besides the tiny specks of Rosemary on the chips itself. There was a lot more on the bottom of the basket but I felt that it could've been served or done better. Either way the accompanying chilli mayo sauce matched really well with them.

(7/10)

Food - 6.5 / 10
Ambiance - 6 / 10
Service - 8 / 10
Total FoOodie Points - 20.5 / 30

Uncle Jung's Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato 

No comments:

Post a Comment