Wednesday 13 January 2016

Dumpling Adventures @ Dumpling House

Dumpling House
2 Everage St, Moonee Ponds, Melbourne VIC
9372 9188
  11am - 10pm Mon - Sat
4:30pm - 9:30pm Sun

On the outside, it looks like your simple, average Chinese restaurant. Because that was the mindset I had when i decided to go here when all the other stores were closed, but I was dead wrong. Though the place itself looks like your usual Chinese joint, the food on the other hand is on another level.

Steamed Pork Dumpling (15pc) ($9.50)

Juicy, perfect texture, and delicious pork, the steamed pork dumpling was great and had no faults

(8/10)

Steamed Large Beef Dumplings (6pc) ($8)

The favourite dish of the night, these beef dumplings were packed with amazing soup, delicious beef and the dumpling texture was beautiful. I was surprised when I took my first bite into one of these, probably the best I've had in terms of dumpling.

(9/10)

Steamed Pork Juicy Bao (8pc) ($8)

Nothing special about these, also known as Shanghai pork dumplings, It had a delicious soup and was flavoursome. Though the dumpling itself would literally fall apart as soon as I picked it up which was a shame.

(6/10)

Pan Fried Pork Dumpling (12pc) ($9.50)

I felt like the steamed dishes are more prominent here, as the pan fried pork dumplings were quite average. 

6/10

Food - 7.2/10
Ambiance - 5/10
Service - 6/10
Total FoOodie Points - 18.2/30


No comments:

Post a Comment